Seen IRIS 860 sensors have some unique benefits over traditional pedestrian detection systems
Because IRIS 860 sensors leverage the most widely adopted personal safety equipment in the world –the high-vis vest– the system conforms to the user, not the other way round. This addresses the biggest cause of system failure i.e. lack of adoption.
- Improved safety out of the box with minimal training and implementation overhead.
- No ongoing additional cost to maintain detectability. Anyone wearing day/night high vis gear is detectable.
- Precisely shaped detection zone and reflector-only targeted detection minimises unwanted alerts to maximise productivity.
- Reliable performance and fewer system components results in less maintenance overhead.
- Unaffected by interference in challenging RF environments.
- Ideally suited for OEM integration because it doesn’t require proprietary tags to be worn.
- Affordable enough to enable fleet-wide implementation resulting in maximum overall safety benefit.
Simple and effective
Implementation is easy because workers in hazardous areas already wear hi-vis safety vests. No change in behaviour is needed to receive the added safety benefit.
Affordable enough to enable fleet-wide implementation, resulting in more sensors on more machines, maximising the safety benefit.
Only detects retro-reflective material directly within the hazard area, eliminating unwanted detections to achieve maximum system effectiveness.
Designed to work day or night, indoors or outdoors in harsh environments.
Can detect anyone wearing standard day / night high-visibility apparel. Vehicles and stationary hazards can also be tagged with reflective tape to enable detection.
Coverage zone and detection range can be tailored according to the application.