Seen IRIS 860. The game changer for pedestrian safety.
Seen Safety’s new IRIS 860 LIDAR sensor actively detects reflective tape on high-vis safety gear, transforming the standard high-vis vest into part of an active pedestrian alert system for forklifts and other mobile plant.
Seen IRIS 860 sensors detect the reflective tape on day/night high-vis safety gear, making implementation and compliance easy. The defined detection zone and (optional) reverse-only activation make it ideal for use in busy environments where pedestrians frequently work in close proximity to machines. Only the key hazard area is targeted, meaning irrelevant detections and operator annoyance are eliminated.
- Targeted detection of reflective strip
- Pre-set detection range up to 8 metres
- Simple to install
- Precisely shaped detection zone avoids nuisance alerts from non-critical areas
- No IT system integration required
- No RF interference issues
- No scheduled maintenance needed
- Fixed hazards can be marked with reflective tape
- Class 1M laser eye safe
- Automatically on when vehicle reverses
- Reliable detection in all conditions*
- Unaffected by darkness or sun glare
- Audible alert for both driver and pedestrian
- IP67 suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Affordable enough for fleet-wide deployment
*For standard day/night (class-II or class-III) high-vis safety apparel (or equivalent).
Seen sensors come with a heavy duty stainless steel mounting bracket which can be attached to vertical, horizontal (above or hung below), and angled surfaces.
Multiple sensors can be used together to create a larger detection area. One sensor gives 60 degrees coverage, 2 sensors 120 degrees, 3 sensors 180 degrees etc.
Seen sensors are suitable for use on all types of mobile machinery, including forklifts, telehandlers, mobile cranes, container handlers, wheeled loaders, graders, bobcats, and bulldozers.
WARRANTY. Seen IRIS 860 sensors have been designed for reliable long-term use on industrial vehicles in both indoor and outdoor applications. Seen offer a 1-year repair or replacement warranty on materials and workmanship. Warranty excludes general wear and tear, physical damage caused by direct impact to the sensor, damage to the windows, damage caused by high-pressure water jets and incorrect electrical connection.